|Back to main Junior Eurovision Song Contest page||Назад на главную страницу Детского Евровидения|
|Back to Georgia page||Назад на страницу Грузии|
ESCKAZ SPECIAL FEATURE ON GEORGIAN
ENTRANT IN JESC 2007
MARIAM ROMELASHVILI: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
Mariam with Sopho - Georgian Eurovision debutants / Мариам и Софико - грузинские дебютанты Евровидения
ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНОЕ ИНТЕРВЬЮ МАРИАМ РОМЕЛАШВИЛИ
ПРЕДСТАВИТЕЛЬНИЦЫ ГРУЗИИ НА ДЕТСКОМ ЕВРОВИДЕНИИ 2007
|- Hi, Mariam, and first of all
our congratulations for winning first ever Georgian national Eurovision selection! What
were your first thoughts when you realized you are the winner of the competition?
- Thank you very much for congratulations. I remember when General Director of the Public Broadcasting of Georgia, came out on the stage. All children were begging her to announce the name of the winner. First she named leaders then I do not remember....children were hugging me, kissing and congratulating. I had no time for thinking. There were many journalists and photographs around me. Everybody was happy; in addition I am happy that all of us are going to Rotterdam.
- Please introduce yourself for our readers in one sentence?
- It will be simple - I am Mariam Romelashvili, Georgian child, winner of the Georgian Junior Song Contest :)
- Can you explain, what your song is about for those who cannot understand Georgian?
- My song is about me, you and Georgia. On behalf of my friends I would like to greet Europe. I would like Europeans to like Georgian song and dance. Refrain odelia ranuni is the same as shalalala. If you repeat a little bit odelia ranuni you would become a little bit Georgian.
- Was it difficult to succeed on the national level? Whom did you regard as your main rivals?
- It was more interesting and funny. From the beginning we were inspired to be supporters of each other. WE all are winners. We often assisted each other with ideas, supports, and advices. To my mind Anet was the best, and I thought she would be a winner, but fortune was on my side, and maybe Anet will try again. I am sure she will win.
- You’ve spent quite some time together with other entrants in Music House preparing for the final. Can you tell more about it?
- This one month spent in Musical House will be unforgettable for me. We had all conditions living and working comfortably. As new friends I gained not only children but adults. Every day we had interesting guests giving us clever advices. We had interesting seminars about show business, musical directions, Europe, poetry .We were going to different recording studios. I felt myself in reality show, as what was going on around me was a big film. Of course I gained friends. We promised each other to be together and even to create a pop group.
- How will you visually present your entry on stage? Will it be similar performance as during Georgian national final, or is there plan to add something special for the international audience to understand better your song?
- Visually my song will be performed in colors of Georgian flag. I will wear red dress with white accessories; dancers will be in white clothes and red drums. International viewer will easily follow our dance and I think my song will be sound on discotheque and words “odelia Ranuni “will be easy to remember and repeat. As for how I make understand Europeans to dance and sing with me, my presentation will start with English scream: Let’s dance together, sing it back.
- What is your plan of preparations for the contest? Who is working with you as vocal coach and choreographer?
- Everyday I have dancing lessons with dancers of Studio:”Basti bubu”. Now with choreographer we are trying to improve my dance in order to be maximally effective and also it is important to be simple for the audience to repeat it. I try in vocal with Mrs. Maka Davitaia. We decided to add some details to our costumes; use rucksack with drums inside. I like it very much. We think about some Surprises and would like to keep them in secret.
- Have you chance to watch some previous Junior Eurovisions? If so, any personal favorites you have?
- When we were in Musical house we were brought cassettes of previous song Contests. We were discussing each participant. My favorite was boy from Byelorussia.
- Are you interested to find who will represent other countries in competition, do you follow preselection news from other countries?
- Of course I am interested. I am looking for the information in internet and read some news about them. Just now I have found out that the main topic for this year will be water and energy music.
- What is your aim for the competition? Are you going to win it, or simply have good time and make new friends?
- I’d like to become friends of contestants from different countries. For this I have to learn at least say hello on their native language and when I go there I‘ll teach everybody how to say hello on my language. I understand that for other countries Eurovision Song Contest is like family and they have much more chance to win as those viewers making voting do not know me and my country very well, though I think that everybody will like our presentation and the Europe will open its door of heart. In such case we may win. Let’s see.
- Do you like contests and to compete in general? What other festivals you took part in?
- I like competitions very much and I have taken part in a lot of competitions, but the Eurovision is special for me. This Competition learned me very much and hope that the main is in future.
- Do you have any idols, or simply favourite singers?
- I am not supporter of ideals. There is no Composer and singer to be liked completely, but I like many songs of Cristina Aguilera, Madonna, and Whitney Houston. I read with great interest biographies of successful singers and try to find out what is their secret of progress.
- If that was your choice whom would you sent to adult Eurovision 2008 representing Georgia?
- This should not my will as my choose might be false, but anyway I would send such a person who is somehow famous for Europe in order Europe to vote for she or he.
- Do you like studying? What are your favorite school subjects? Is it difficult for you now to prepare for the contest and study in school?
- I like learning with song. Most of all I like history and now am interesting in history of Europe.
- Can you tell us, how looks basic day of the modern Georgian kid? What activities do you usually have?
- Georgian child lives like European. I am lazy to get up, I do not like alarm clock, and I go to school, musical school, on vocal, dance. I like plural rapids with friends, watching TV, and cheerfully spending time with friends.
- What are your plans after the contest? Do all of you want to become professional singer in future?
- My life will be changed after Contest. My family is going to move to capital on Georgia in Tbilisi, in order to give me more possibility to develop. I hope to study in Musical ten year school, and also I hope will not loose those people who helped me in participating in Eurovision Song Contest. With my friends from Musical house I intend to make joint project.
- Thanks for the interview and good luck with preparations, see you in Rotterdam!
Привет, Мариам! Наши поздравления с победой на
Грузинском отборе! Какая была твоя первая мысль,
когда ты поняла, что победила на этом конкурсе?
- Тяжело ли было на
национальном отборе? Кого ты считала своим
- Тяжело ли было на национальном отборе? Кого ты считала своим основным соперником?
- Как ты визуально
представишь свою песню на сцене? Будет ли это
похоже на выступление на грузинском отборе, или
что-то планируется изменить специально для
международной аудитории, чтобы она лучше смогла
понять твою песню?
- Как ты визуально представишь свою песню на сцене? Будет ли это похоже на выступление на грузинском отборе, или что-то планируется изменить специально для международной аудитории, чтобы она лучше смогла понять твою песню?
- Какие у тебя планы
подготовки к конкурсу? Кто работает с тобой в
качестве преподавателя по вокалу и хореографа?