|Back to front page||Назад на главную страницу|
|Back to Georgia 2008 page||Назад на страницу Грузии 2008|
ESCKAZ SPECIAL FEATURE ON GEORGIAN
EUROVISION 2008 ENTRANT:
DIANA GURTSKAYA: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНОЕ ИНТЕРВЬЮ ДИАНЫ ГУРЦКАЯ,
ПРЕДСТАВИТЕЛЬНИЦЫ ГРУЗИИ НА КОНКУРСЕ ЕВРОВИДЕНИЕ 2008
|- Diana, first of all our
congratulations with the victory at national selection! What are you feelings now, being a
- Vivid emotions were in the beginning, right after national selection. Now we've entered third month of hard work. Extensive promotional tour, constant flights, different countries, different viewers. But I feel satisfied of what we've done. We're working, I can say, like wearing out, but we enjoy our job and we're confident in success.
- You've already entered Eurovision preselection last year. How your interest to this contest has appeared?
- Eurovision is my dream, which I was trying to reach for a very long time. And I was never hidding it. I don't understand the position, when someone say: "This contest is not interesting for me, it has became outdated, but if I will be asked, I will think it over". Most of times it is not true from their side. Our life is valued with bright events. One of them is of course Eurovision. If it was not so, we've never seen comeback of already successful artists, like Charlotte Perrelli for example.
- How can you describe your song Peace Will Come in one phrase?
- Events of my live, my family and the world surrounding us.
- Was this song written specially for Eurovision contest, can you tell shortly the story of it’s creation?
- Yes, it was. When we were discussing with Kim Breitburg the music character of the song, I described what I want to perform. He understood me and wrote brilliant song. Though he had some doubts, whether the format of the song fits my artistic image.
- And do you think yourself whether it fits your style, is it easy for you to perform?
- The song is of very high music level, which is admitted by all critics. May be someone thinks it is very difficult, but I personally think that it ideally fits me.
- Why have you decided to perform in English?
- Today, English language is universal way to pass the message to the maximum number of people.
- Are you planning to record other song versions, Russian version?
- Yes, song lyricist Karen Kavaleryan has also penned Russian lyrics of the song, soon we're planning to record it. We also have lyrics in Serbian and Macedonian written by Ognen Nedelkovski, which we also want to record.
- What will be your aim in the contest, are you aiming for a win there?
- Of course, as my colleagues from 42 other countries I am looking for victory. And I believe in it and work for it. But, you know, when I for the first time entered big competition, that was Yalta-Moscow-transit, when I have not won Grand-Prix, nor the first prize there, I was very dissapointed as I though I lost. Even jury prize of 1100 USD was not warming me. But it happened that this contest gave me ticket for the big stage.
- You have already good experience in music contests. Which one is the most memorable for you?
- Belarus Eurofest of last year. It brought me excellent experience, without which I couldn't succeed in Georgia.
- Do you think if there is universal recipe of the contest success?
- Each have his own recipe. Mine is to do good homework and stay myself. Then everything goes well.
- What do you think is more important for Eurovision success: song, performer or the show?
- Nobody will ever discover formula of success. I don't know what is more important. All three parts are equal. But most of all, performer should be sincere, the song should fit his soul. A lot of songs, which later became hits, were first suggested by authors to me, but I rejected them. And never felt pity about it. Because I knew - they do not fit me. Business of course dictates own rules, and each singer had average songs, like in theater, average roles. But if you're trying to do the song fitting "Euroformat, considering latest trends and winners experience" - you won't get any result.
- But anyway, how will you formulate such a winning recipe?
- Vocal, mood, luck.
- Eurovision is sometimes labelled as political contest. Do you think of it as political event?
- Nonsense. I quite like an idea shared with me in Tallinn by head of Estonian delegation Juhan Paadam, who told that before some country will not win Eurovision, it will always blame politics and try to find other excuses. But once victory has been reached, the slogan "Die or Win" is no longer actual.
- Have you heard other participating songs? Do you plan to listen to all of them prior to the contest, or you're not interested in your rivals?
- Yes, I'm listening to them. Can't say that all of them and to the end, but some have appealed and I listened to them several times. But you know, my preferences as listener never meet the opinion of majority. So I prefer not to express them. I symphasize to those participants whom I recently met: Jeronimas Milius, Sirusho, Karolina. We have warm relations with Ruslan Alehno, Dima Bilan, I'm looking forward to meet Elnur & Samir, Geta Burlacu. I think that for us all it is a holiday. We all are winners already, and Eurovision is our joint festival. I will support them and I hope they will support me.
- What are your plans on the upcoming releases?
- I have three albums in plans. Albums in Russian and Georgian are ready, and after Eurovision I plan to work on English album.
- Can you name us your favourite singers, who is close to your feelings and have influence your music?
- Speaking about local singers - first of all it is Alla Pugachova - genious artist and singer, and only Soviet system has stopped her from world popularity. For foreign ones: Bobby Face, Lionel Ritchie, Celine Dion, Lara Fabian. Recently, I was passed greetings from Toto Cutugno who wished me to repeat his success in Balkans. I was very pleased.
- Finally, if you wish to leave any message to the visitors of our site you can do it now.
- I usually follow the materials on your site. And I know that all my colleagues are checking everything at esckaz.com . So I wish you to stay at this professional level, at minimum, and at maximum to aim higher and higher goals! Good luck and success!
- Thank you for the interview, good luck with your preparations and see you in Belgrade!
прежде всего наши поздравления с победой на
национальном отборе! Что вы чувствуете сейчас,
будучи избранной участницей Евровидения?
- Вы уже принимали
участие в отборе на Евровидение в прошлом году. С
чем связан такой интерес к этому конкурсу?
- Как бы вы могли
охарактеризовать вашу конкурсную песню в одном
- Не могли бы вы
рассказать об истории ее создания? Она делалась
специально для Евровидения?
- А вы сами считаете,
что песня Peace Will Come песня подходит вашему стилю,
она легка для исполнения?
- Почему вы предпочли
выступать на английском?
- Вы планируете запись
версии песни на русском языке, расскажите о ней?
- Какие цели вы ставите
перед собой на Евровидении?
- На ваш взгляд что
более важно в конкурсе Евровидение - песня,
исполнитель или шоу выступление?
- Как вы относитесь к
тому, что о конкурсе Евровидение говорят, что он
- Слышали ли вы песни,
которые будут представлять другие страны на
конкурсе? Собираетесь ли вы прослушать их
полностью до конкурса или вы предпочитаете не
- Каковы ваши ближайшие
планы по выпуску альбомов, планируете ли вы
выпустить новый релиз?
- Кто из исполнителей (мировых
и стран СНГ) наиболее близок к вам по духу,
повлиял на ваше творческое развитие?
- Желаете ли вы что-то
добавить, передать тем, кто прочтет данное
- Спасибо за ваши ответы, удачной вам подготовки, увидимся в Белграде!